Gnocchi are essentially Italian dumplings made with flour, ricotta, egg and a little salt. They are boiled and serve smothered in sauce.
1 lb. Ricotta cheese
2 cups Flour (or enough to fill the Ricotta container)
Pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients, kneading to finish blending.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll into ropes about as thick as your thumb using hands and a floured surface.
- Cut into one-inch pieces.
- Roll with fork to impress lines, press with thumb to make indentation.
- Drop into boiling water and cook until they rise to surface, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.